Tuesday, March 20, 2012

is this progress ?

I've been thinking about the progression of my art for the last couple of days. Has my work improved, become stagnant and stale or is it changing in to something better? I used to take a little pride in the fact that i could doodle out a zombie in just a couple minutes, and while I'm sure I could still do that, I find myself spending more time on my art and refining the blends of colors, tweaking backgrounds and just fussing over each image more.
Perhaps I'm changing as an artist, and the art is beginning to reflect that change. So the question becomes, is that change a good thing or a bad thing? Can change be stopped or should it always be embraced?
Until I change my mind, I'm going to embrace the change and see where it takes me.

The first image is about 6 months old, the next image is about 2-3 months old and the last one was done last night.

1 comment: