Have you bought my ebook yet? http://goo.gl/rIowc
Thursday, April 26, 2012
want to buy the book, go here: http://goo.gl/rIowc ... it'll be the best 3.99 you'll ever spend
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
here's my tools of the trade ...
Here's how it breaks down:
1. My painters palette ... an old kids water colour set that was totally used up. I use it to mix my colors and just store the water colour paint.
2. My water - its an old, but once sterile, sample container. The screw on lid helps to prevent spillage when I lug my whole kit around.
3. water colour paint - some are decades old but I use what I got.
4. white acrylic for fixing or covering mistakes, and for highlights on the glistening blood
5. masonite board to tape the paper down prior to painting (zombie #48 shown)
6. water colour pencils - I use these from time to time and they're fun to play with
7. painters tape to tape the paper down - doesn't tear the paper and helps make a nice white border for the picture
8. black pen - from the dollar store - I burn through these fast so 2 for a buck is where its at
9. red pen - again from the dollar store - I use these for the under lying structure drawing and then just plow over it with color and blacks. I also like to use it to fill in some of the bloody areas
10. brushes - I have a certain size brush that I love to use, and while I know I should use other sizes, I often forget :) (dollar store brushes again folks)
11. +Tim Clary WIP - but the paper is probably the most expensive thing here ... the brand name escapes me at the moment, but its 300lb cold pressed water colour paper.
Those are my main tools of the trade. One day I'll be able to afford the massive canvases and tubes of oil paints like so many of the other amazing G+nius artists on here do. Until then, dollar store here I come!
Monday, April 16, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
playing with acrylics a little more these days ... here'st a my first zombie kitty all in acrylics on a masonite board. Buy it at etsy here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/97185635/orange-zombie-kitten
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Not really an easter image, unless you think that easter was the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and Jesus was the original zombie ... then this could be a tribute to everything that came after that day ...
you decide :)
Saturday, April 7, 2012
It's CATurday today and I put 9 of my zombie kittehz together in one image. Hope you dig it, and if you want a print, let me know. Otherwise you can but it on a shirt here (for north americans) and here (for across the ocean)
due to the demand on g+ and elsewhere, 5 prints are available at this time
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
spent some time outside, away from the computer, and doodled ... here's the result, with slight tweaking in photoshop. If you want to be the first to own it on a shirt, check my north american spreadshirt store here, or my UK spreadshirt store here.
prints are coming soon
Monday, April 2, 2012
Someone went and bought 2 of my shirts from my spreadshirt store, and sent them to me and my wife as gifts. How frigging cool is that? If you want a shirt with some of my art on it, check out the north american spreadshirt store, or my other one, located in the UK.
It looks awesome, feels great, and has held up perfectly to its very first washing.
this is the real me ...sorta