Tuesday, January 2, 2018

murderous mind

This is a self portrait from the time leading up to the whole Christmas holiday season. Much feeding to the inner Troll was done, which caused what seemed like unending stress and anxiety and depression.

It took hard work but I had my wife fighting beside me, and together we stopped that troll long enough for me to see what I have in front of me.

Even posting this is a bit of a mind fuck for me but I'm trusting myself that it's okay. Weird right? Fucking brain is trying to kill me. Am i feeding the troll ... ?
crazy



Anyways ... all that depression caused some big mistakes to happen, so if you don't see me online for a while, don't panic.

It just means I'm trying to make enough cash to pay the phone bill.

December was all about robbing Peter to pay Paul ... freaking christmas ....

well it's the new year and Peter wants his money.

Part of my new ethos is about owning my mistakes, and taking care of them. Fixing them and hoping to never repeat them again.

This first one will be a test because I have to admit to my kids that I screwed up, sorry no wifi ... not cool but it's a first world problem that I hope becomes a growth lesson for everyone.

Anyways ... not to beg for help but rather to point out something ... I am trying to adopt out 50 zombie cats and I'm doing it for just $20. The reasons make a lot more sense than just 'Byron needs some cash' ... it's more about me entering a new phase of my life as an artist, a father, a husband and even as a person. I'm valuing things differently, I'm doing things differently and above all I'm trying to live differently ... and by differently I mean better.


So I'm selling off these little bits of my past to people that really love my work and could not afford it so that it can be spread to 50 different people in 50 different parts of the world. It's a huge challenge for me to get mail out on time but I'm making this 'sale' and the whole adventure of adopting these cats out a learning and growth experience.

I'll start to post the rest of the journey on the daily zombie now since I hope to mail them all out on Friday. The envelopes are made, just a bit more tape then they're all ready for stuffing with whatever zombie merch I have lying around. Then the lucky ticket needs to be made and all of them getting sealed, mixed up, addressed to 50 different people and mailed off.

It's a bit weird to think that I might never paint zombie cats like these 50 again ... but that's growth and I would rather know that part of my growth is out in the world, rather than in a storage bin under the stairs.

who wants a piece of my growth? :P

I'm part way there, hoping to do the actual mailing on Friday.
If you want to take part in this, the link is : https://payhip.com/b/TUg8

Whoever gets that lucky ticket also wins this

anyways ... this turned out to be a longer blog post than i expected
time to go get some more work done
thanks for reading, have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment